The City of Swan delivers dozens of daily services to the community across five hubs that includes four recreation centres and six libraries. The City is responsible for thousands of kilometres of roads, a large stretch of Swan River (Derbal Yerrigan) foreshore, hundreds of parks and open spaces and has facilitated one of the greatest expansions of Perth's metropolitan urban area in 20 years. It's fair to say there's a bit going on and it's likely there is something happening near you that may have an impact on your daily life.
In order to make sure the City delivers its services in line with community expectations, the City does its best to have a conversation with those who may be the most affected and then take that feedback on board in the design and delivery of important local government services and operations. Not everyone is going to be interested in everything all the time, but the opportunity will always be there to have your say. We do this through a mix of face to face and online methods.
At the City of Swan our engagement philosophy is to make sure you have the information you need, at the time you need it to make an informed decision about an issue. Not all decisions are easy but your contribution to the discussion allows us, and in some situations Council, to understand what the issues within the community are.
When we engage with you, our promise is:
- We will do our best to make sure the most up-to-date information is made available to you as soon as possible.
- We will make sure the information is accurate, easy to understand and you know what we are asking, and not ask asking.
- You will not be forgotten. After we close a consultation you will be given updates about what will happen next and when or if any decision is going to be made, and by who.
- Regardless of the final outcome, you will feel like you had the opportunity to make your views known and an informed decision was made.
- You will know where to get information in the future and how to leave feedback.
You can find a copy of our Community Engagement Policy by clicking this link.
Community Engagement at the City of Swan